BMW Concept 4 - embracing the giant grille

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Lexus you better up your grille game BMW is coming for you.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

:sick:

Except for that horrid grille, this reminds me of that new Acura Legend concept. Oh please please Honda make that

corolapete

Reaction score

back when I used to street race a friend had a 57 chevy. He took the bumper off and grille. It look like it had a big mouth with a snorkel scoop. It really look like a shark getting ready to eat his prey. His 57 was 11.5 to 12 second quarter mile. Japanese national bought his car and took it back to japan. I wonder if that what started the mouth design for toyota. :) It really was a nice car. If I had a 57 I would do the same.

Here is a pic of 57 chevy. Imagine removing the bumper and grill.

Mouth should only go to fast cars. Look at the design of the mustang cobra. beautiful mouth like a cobra. I have a gt and was going to convert it to cobra mouth. Look at the old cobra roadster. They have beautiful mouth too.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah I can see that sharky lol. If you're ever out Bay Area way look me up and I'll have my powdercoater's secretary drop by. He and his son restore Chevys from that era. Have some music:

corolapete

Reaction score

Yeah I can see that sharky lol. If you're ever out Bay Area way look me up and I'll have my powdercoater's secretary drop by. He and his son restore Chevys from that era. Have some music:

Nice area!!! Love the gilroy area smell of garlic. I think I have 2 trips left going up there. Was just there this august to drop a family at sjsu (go spartans). Graduating next spring. I will let you know if I go up there again. Would be nice to see those 57 chevys.

I was going to have you do my timing belt at one time but too scared to drive that far. LOL My camry had only 107k that time. Glad I found someone down here who is a toyota master tech. He was really good. He gave me a good rate. After he was done he did not have an extra bolt laying around. LOL

The first year I was there I took the bart to San Fran. I think I saw few junk yards there in oakland.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

lol I see. Yeah if I ever see extra bolts I get irrationally angry lol.

Oh man, I was just at the Oakland Pick-n-pull getting parts for this Suzuki Grand Vitara I unfortunately took on (parts availability is terrible). It's small but I find weird stuff there sometimes, not to mention the highest incidence of cars with bullet holes LOL.

Newark Pick-n-pull is the best for parts for our Camrys, literally every other car is a gen3/4 in the import section.

Nice area!!! Love the gilroy area smell of garlic. I think I have 2 trips left going up there. Was just there this august to drop a family at sjsu (go spartans). Graduating next spring. I will let you know if I go up there again. Would be nice to see those 57 chevys.

I was going to have you do my timing belt at one time but too scared to drive that far. LOL My camry had only 107k that time. Glad I found someone down here who is a toyota master tech. He was really good. He gave me a good rate. After he was done he did not have an extra bolt laying around. LOL

The first year I was there I took the bart to San Fran. I think I saw few junk yards there in oakland.

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

:sick:

Except for that horrid grille, this reminds me of that new Acura Legend concept. Oh please please Honda make that
Anything without SUV in the name don't count on it being put into production. Sucks.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Right? Funny, I've always felt more comfortable close to the ground than up high. Must be related to my fear of heights.

Although I'll tell you this, with everybody around driving giant SUVs and pickups (giant anything nowadays), my bright Formula Red Insight is almost invisible. People literally see me and then start changing lanes, almost running over my 1800-lb aluminum space coupe...

Anything without SUV in the name don't count on it being put into production. Sucks.

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Although I'll tell you this, with everybody around driving giant SUVs and pickups (giant anything nowadays), my bright Formula Red Insight is almost invisible. People literally see me and then start changing lanes, almost running over my 1800-lb aluminum space coupe...
My gen2 Camry's are similar they are low to the ground compared to the average SUV behemoths even the so called compact SUVs. I wish my cars weighed that much they are quite heavy considering the size.

corolapete

Reaction score

My gen2 Camry's are similar they are low to the ground compared to the average SUV behemoths even the so called compact SUVs. I wish my cars weighed that much they are quite heavy considering the size.
Its weird that the new corolla now are almost the same length, size as the old camry.

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Its weird that the new corolla now are almost the same length, size as the old camry.
I know. You want tiny my 1971 Corolla weighed about 1850 pounds with a driver. The car was not actually that small inside 4 people fit okay.

Back to BMW that grille is probably going to be their new corporate look so it will presumably be on all their models. 😖

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ugh. I need to make moves to work on more e3x Bimmers. They're my favorite, and IMO peak Bimmer: e36 3-series, e39 5-series, e38 7-series, and e31 8-series. But those are reliable and very well-designed to be worked on; literally 80% of my income comes from '00's Bimmers, which are rolling computers that break down constantly. I guess I got a few years before these monsters hit the used market and I start seeing them.

Back to BMW that grille is probably going to be their new corporate look so it will presumably be on all their models. 😖