Volkswagen ID.3 all electric - Autogefühl

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Quite the turn around from a company that was going all in on diesels not long ago, props to VW.

foxtherouge

Reaction score

One of their graveyards is about 2 hours south of me. So many nearly brand new Golfs and Jettas. Thousands. Just sitting there. All because of emissions. I wonder if they are going to sell them soon since my state no longer has emissions testing as of January 2020.

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

I wonder if they are going to sell them soon since my state no longer has emissions testing as of January 2020.
My understanding is all of them will be scrapped.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I work on a fair few "fixed" TDIs. They're pretty great for the money, can barely tell on most of them that anything is different.

I gotta get my hands on one of these electrics to try. Used to work for Tesla. Would never buy a Tesla.

corolapete

Reaction score

^ I am too scared to own a vw. I used to have a roommate who has a scirocco. I drove that car a few times. I like the vdo guages though. It drove nice but I am not sure about the reliability. Old VW are usually reliable I thought.

Interesting take on the tesla. I never like them but engineers usually drive them.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, '90's and '00's VW are terrible, especially from an electrical standpoint. All the German complexity and at the end of the day you have a slightly nicer Toyota.

Fit-and-finish on the Teslas is still terrible. Also, I'm in the heart of Silicon Valley and they are literally every third car.

^ I am too scared to own a vw. I used to have a roommate who has a scirocco. I drove that car a few times. I like the vdo guages though. It drove nice but I am not sure about the reliability. Old VW are usually reliable I thought.

Interesting take on the tesla. I never like them but engineers usually drive them.

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Fit-and-finish on the Teslas is still terrible. Also, I'm in the heart of Silicon Valley and they are literally every third car.
I looked at one recently it was much better and the red paint was amazing. I think Tesla has stepped up their quality game, I want one just because it's different plus the performance Model 3 is faster than just about anything out there.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I sure hope so. I used to do some autonomous software development and some motor development, had test vehicles. This is maybe 4 years ago?...anyway, they always felt terrible to me. Also I hate software engineering so it wasn't a good fit for me.

But yeah, there are more per capita here than anywhere else on Earth.

I looked at one recently it was much better and the red paint was amazing. I think Tesla has stepped up their quality game, I want one just because it's different plus the performance Model 3 is faster than just about anything out there.

User Is Online
User Is Online

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Everything on a Tesla is software controlled but this is the future of all cars, good or bad. The upside is Tesla is constantly updating and improving the car via wireless that's way better than most (maybe all) automakers right now, have a software glitch on a Toyota that's a trip to the dealer.

BTW I've noticed lately that almost every discussion about cars, any car, eventually comes around to discussing Tesla. :ROFLMAO:

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Lol then they did something right. Need an "internet rule" name for that. 71Corolla's Rule?

Everything on a Tesla is software controlled but this is the future of all cars, good or bad. The upside is Tesla is constantly updating and improving the car via wireless that's way better than most (maybe all) automakers right now, have a software glitch on a Toyota that's a trip to the dealer.

BTW I've noticed lately that almost every discussion about cars, any car, eventually comes around to discussing Tesla. :ROFLMAO: