Blue Bomber Build

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Ew no. Spoilerless 7th gens are not good looking unless you put louvers on them.
Totally disagree it cleaned up the styling a whole lot. 100% subjective of course, either way I'd never own a 7th gen Celica.

foxtherouge

Reaction score

Try a GTS manual, they're great. Handle amazing and the way Lift works makes it a blast to drive. Especially if you can get into a full TRD one, with exhaust and lowering springs like I had:

Before getting new wheels:

After new wheels:

I miss this car honestly. Sold it to move, ended up not moving.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

I couldn't get past the cost cutting interior. Was a blast to drive though and the 2ZZ has decent lower end torque for such a high revving engine. Was a 2000 donor so had the higher redline.

Those wheels are a drastic improvement I stand corrected those wheels don't look good on every Toyota. 😬

foxtherouge

Reaction score

I opened the engine up a bit further and don't entirely feel comfortable. So for now I am taking everything from Cherry the parts car and putting it into BB. I decided this a while ago but didn't have the room until recently to do this. Now I do. Already drained fluids and started getting some things out of the way to pull Cherry's motor. A buddy and I will be working on this Saturday so hopefully BB will have a working heart soon. Still other things to do such as brakes and shocks before he's on the road again. I have all winter.

That is before tools an such.

Here is a wide angle of the whole garage.

There is still enough room with how I have everything spaced out to fit 2 Camrys if I wanted to.

I need to get another shelf. Home Depot only had 1 left and waiting for restock.

foxtherouge

Reaction score

So I enlisted the help of a buddy who I am slowly getting into Celicas. He has never done a swap before so I am teaching, which slows us down. We got most things disconnected yesterday and reached a good stopping point. Sadly, we can only really work on Saturdays and next Saturday we both have Army stuff to do. Should have the engine completely out on the 26th but won't be putting it in BB for a little bit. I'm replacing valve cover gasket, oil pump gaskets, water pump, oil pan gasket, accessory belts, timing belt job including tensoner, cleaning the engine and trans, and possibly painting it. I also have some stuff to put into BB before the engine goes in since an empty engine bay is much easier to work in. I currently am waiting on some parts but I already have new power steering hoses since old ones leak and some hoses that need to be replaced just for safety since they are 30 years old.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

The state of organization you have that service bay in is most impressive.

foxtherouge

Reaction score

I've been told I am a very "clean" mechanic. I don't mind getting dirty and disorganized but I always always always clean up.

foxtherouge

Reaction score

I rebuilt my power steering pump and replaced all hoses to it. Man it's going to be amazing having a Celica that doesn't leak anymore!

Tomorrow the engine should be coming out. It's supposed to be sunny and somewhat warm this week so I'm thinking of taking the car out and spraying down the engine bay with a pressure washer to clean a lot of the gunk out. Thinking ahead, I put all electrical ends in ziplock bags and then ziptied them closed so water can't get in easily.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

I hope the manifolds are on the engine otherwise water will get into the cylinders and cause damage.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

oh, lol thought you were also going to pressure wash the engine.