I opened the engine up a bit further and don't entirely feel comfortable. So for now I am taking everything from Cherry the parts car and putting it into BB. I decided this a while ago but didn't have the room until recently to do this. Now I do. Already drained fluids and started getting some things out of the way to pull Cherry's motor. A buddy and I will be working on this Saturday so hopefully BB will have a working heart soon. Still other things to do such as brakes and shocks before he's on the road again. I have all winter.
So I enlisted the help of a buddy who I am slowly getting into Celicas. He has never done a swap before so I am teaching, which slows us down. We got most things disconnected yesterday and reached a good stopping point. Sadly, we can only really work on Saturdays and next Saturday we both have Army stuff to do. Should have the engine completely out on the 26th but won't be putting it in BB for a little bit. I'm replacing valve cover gasket, oil pump gaskets, water pump, oil pan gasket, accessory belts, timing belt job including tensoner, cleaning the engine and trans, and possibly painting it. I also have some stuff to put into BB before the engine goes in since an empty engine bay is much easier to work in. I currently am waiting on some parts but I already have new power steering hoses since old ones leak and some hoses that need to be replaced just for safety since they are 30 years old.
Tomorrow the engine should be coming out. It's supposed to be sunny and somewhat warm this week so I'm thinking of taking the car out and spraying down the engine bay with a pressure washer to clean a lot of the gunk out. Thinking ahead, I put all electrical ends in ziplock bags and then ziptied them closed so water can't get in easily.