concourse d corolla

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Megs polish then Nufinish? Impressive it lasted that long I never get 4 months out of any coating except ceramic.

User Is Online
User Is Online

corolapete

Reaction score

Megs polish then Nufinish? Impressive it lasted that long I never get 4 months out of any coating except ceramic.
I started with megs nxt then a month later I put nufinish. Don't let that fool you because car is in garage. Garage really preserves the car and wax. I also have another car in garage with cheap wax that I purchased at big lots for $1. That wax still in the car after 1 year. Its platinum by turtle wax. A detailer told me about the shine but he said it doesn't last. I am surprise when I wash it still beads.

Wax I own are cheap, Meg carnauba, nxt, meg quick detailer, hawaiian island shine(raffle) turtle wax ultimate detailer, regular turtle wax(free craigslist) good ol rain dance, then my friends mom gave me her nufinish. Hard to say no to free :) The rain dance is the worse of all. Hawaiian island wax I haven't used. Only used their trim dressing. It smells good but does not last.

Here is what I discover. The trim on 2000 camry xlev6 quality is superior to my cheap 2010 corolla trim. When I apply dressing on camry trim it stays black for a long time but the corolla fades every 2 months.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

I've found wax doesn't last worth a damn if the car sits in the sun for any length of time. I bought some generic 9H ceramic coating it's about 10x cheaper will see how it holds up does anyone else find it ridiculous that said coatings usually cost $100 for a tiny bottle?

User Is Online
User Is Online

corolapete

Reaction score

I've found wax doesn't last worth a damn if the car sits in the sun for any length of time. I bought some generic 9H ceramic coating it's about 10x cheaper will see how it holds up does anyone else find it ridiculous that said coatings usually cost $100 for a tiny bottle?
Wind water fire you don’t win. I heard about ceramic and wonder if they are better. I will use all my wax first before I get ceramic. Just wax it every month and that will protect your paint.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Wind water fire you don’t win. I heard about ceramic and wonder if they are better.
A good ceramic coating will last 3 years.
I will use all my wax first before I get ceramic. Just wax it every month and that will protect your paint.
Yep but I can't do that in the winter. Best spray on sealant I've used is Turtle Wax Seal N Shine great product. What car wash soap do you like I settled on this stuff

User Is Online
User Is Online

corolapete

Reaction score

A good ceramic coating will last 3 years.

Yep but I can't do that in the winter. Best spray on sealant I've used is Turtle Wax Seal N Shine great product. What car wash soap do you like I settled on this stuff

Best I have used is water and mitt ,since I won eagle car wash raffle (lol) still using that with ok result. Now I was given turtle ice 1/4 left :) so I will be using that. I heard they are good. If not for the free stuff just water and mitt.

Now growing up I used tide for soap washing dads car 65 mustang convertible and it cleaned the car- turned white also and it smelled like a clean shirt. Lol. Again don’t do this at home. This is a pro job. :)

foxtherouge

Reaction score

I'm spoiled. I have a company called Griots Garage that makes all their own stuff. It's REALLY good too. There's a spray wax I use during the fall season when it rains a lot here and it works wonders. They make everything for detailing. I went to one of their demonstrations since I'm in one of the local car groups and it gets us a 10% discount when I mention the car group at checkout. They have a drying towel that is almost the size of a normal towel you would use when you get out of the shower and that thing sucks up water super quick. The guy just put it on the car and pulled it off and there was nothing left.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

GG makes excellent stuff. I don't detail my own cars since I let go of the Caddy, but I have the old GG6 dual-action polisher and it's a great tool

I'm spoiled. I have a company called Griots Garage that makes all their own stuff. It's REALLY good too. There's a spray wax I use during the fall season when it rains a lot here and it works wonders. They make everything for detailing. I went to one of their demonstrations since I'm in one of the local car groups and it gets us a 10% discount when I mention the car group at checkout. They have a drying towel that is almost the size of a normal towel you would use when you get out of the shower and that thing sucks up water super quick. The guy just put it on the car and pulled it off and there was nothing left.