New Member - 2001 Camry

CamGuy01

Reaction score

I put this in the wrong section. Can someone move it please? Thanks.

foxtherouge

Reaction score

What are your plans with it? Looks good for a 260k car mate.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nice, that's my favorite color on the gen4's. Before I bought my '99 V6 manual in Super White (I hate white cars, but what choice did I have. Read on), I found one 400 miles away in your color, an '01 with 250K. TBH it was probably maintained better than my '99, which the owner dumped because it needed a tune-up, leaking coolant, malfunctioning EGR, and bad O2 sensor heater (yeah right, like those came about all at once...he let them pile up). But the CL ad was almost a month old and I got to the seller too late. Le sigh.

CamGuy01

Reaction score

@foxtherouge, thanks for the compliment. I just plan to drive the car, keep up the maintenance, and fix whatever breaks when it breaks. I got this car when I was in a real bind and it was not my first choice but it was what I could afford and so far it has been good to me. Mechanically the car is as good as I can get it. it's not pristine like some cars here but I do the best I can. The worst part is the paint. The clear coat is peeling in so many places I just want to cry every time I look at the car but I can't afford the $1,500 + to get it repainted so I am doing one panel at a time with spray cans. I have no where I can get the car to paint it that is out of the wind and humidity so only have one or two windows a year when I can try to work on it. The car will probably look like a patchwork quilt when I am done but at least the car will be one colour and I will be done with that **** clear coat peeling.

CamGuy01

Reaction score

@ISB, thanks for the compliment but that colour is not my fav and that car was not my first choice but I was in a heck of a bind when I bought it and it was the best of the worst but the car has been good to me. I think a lot about getting something else but everyday I have this car is another day I don't have a car payment and that gives me comfort. Also, I have had the car for a year and a half or so and I know the car and am comfortable with it and I just can't get excited about starting over with another car. The clear coat is peeling in so many places I just want to cry every time I look at the car but I can't afford the $1,500 + to get it repainted so I am doing one panel at a time with spray cans. I have no where I can get the car to paint it that is out of the wind and humidity so only have one or two windows a year when I can try to work on it. The car will probably look like a patchwork quilt when I am done but at least the car will be one colour and I will be done with that **** clear coat peeling. Ideally I wish it was the tan or gold that Toyota had those years but we can't all get what we want :-(

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You should come out here and buy the golden/beige one, we have so many gen3/4 here it's ridiculous. My favorite Pick-n-pull, literally every other car in the import section is gen3/4.

Man, if I wasn't a stickler for numbers-matching and factory build sheet on my collection I would so paint mine in that color. TBH I don't like any of the gen3/4 colors, that's just the one I like the most (probably because it's rare).

foxtherouge

Reaction score

TBH I don't like any of the gen3/4 colors, that's just the one I like the most (probably because it's rare).
The green I have is really nice -3-

If the paint under the clear coat is fine you can always just sand the clear coat in the spots its bad and reclear it, just make sure to blend into the surrounding clear coat.

CamGuy01

Reaction score

You should come out here and buy the golden/beige one, we have so many gen3/4 here it's ridiculous. My favorite Pick-n-pull, literally every other car in the import section is gen3/4.

Man, if I wasn't a stickler for numbers-matching and factory build sheet on my collection I would so paint mine in that color. TBH I don't like any of the gen3/4 colors, that's just the one I like the most (probably because it's rare).
Well if my car colour is rare that would explain why in a community of 600,000 (give or take a few) people I have only seen one other car my colour in the approx. 2 years I have owned it. If that colour is your fav you can have the colour and the entire car for the one time, low low price of $3,000 and I'll even deliver it. This is a limited time offer so stand by your phone for details. :)

CamGuy01

Reaction score

The green I have is really nice -3-

If the paint under the clear coat is fine you can always just sand the clear coat in the spots its bad and reclear it, just make sure to blend into the surrounding clear coat.
I absolutely suck at painting and when I say suck I mean suck which is why it do it panel by panel and don't even get me started on blending, it is tragic but thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

corolapete

Reaction score

A better idea is to vinyl wrap some parts of the car. Probably cheaper.

Streetsleeper

Reaction score

Very nice looking Camry! I really like that color. Just do your maintenance and enjoy