OMG this Suzuki is killing me

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

You can't be any more cursed being "forced" to work on that thing. And it's uglier than I remember it lol.

corolapete

Reaction score

The car looks good. I was imagining a wreck car. I still would not own one.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You can't be any more cursed being "forced" to work on that thing. And it's uglier than I remember it lol.
Hah, TBH I tend to get Stockholm Syndrome or whatever when I work on a car too long. I was genuinely excited to see how it would run. Yeah I agree, very bland-looking. Give me a nice, understated-machismo BMW SUV.

The car looks good. I was imagining a wreck car. I still would not own one.
LOL TBH, the PO or somebody probably rear-ended someone, judging by the front end damage (replaced one headlight, both foglights, bumper doesn't fit right, and the lower grille has become an "active aero" panel). They kept assuring me, it is in waaaaay better shape than the 2000 Grand Vitara she's been rolling around in, which is why she bought it. Welp, even Japanese tstats die sometime, so you should change easily-accessible tstats when you change coolant (which is why this thing overheated).

Yeah, if you ever do own one, hit me up. I feel I'm an expert on these now LOL.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OK, so she bought this thing for $1400. Her in-laws put $2400 of parts on their CC, and after all the parts I bought, she owes me $3460.

For $7200, she could have bought a nice Toyota or Honda product. Le sigh. At least it's driving like a champ, although fuel economy sucks (about 16-17 combined).

I'll detail everything I did after the holidays.

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Haha, if only...I've never liked Corollas. Better to dump the money into my sweet little red coupe, the Manual Insight.

Why don't you take her money and go buy yourself a corolla. :)