What did you do to your gen3/gen4 Camry today?

What generation of Camry do you own?

• Total voters

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Very noice...wait 'til you see my '01 Coach Edition though muahaha! I think same color, Oyster Pearl Metallic? Mine is silverish.

The black pearl emblems are more common on facelifted 3ES, rare on pre-facelift and on Yotas.

Silent Runner

Reaction score

Did this in the engine bay:794791A2-6B6F-4DAE-A5F3-857C40722863.jpeg
this replaced the previous engine cover mod from the ugly little black thing. Sorry it says Lexus, that’s all I could find, and really.... the same engine.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

That Toyota cover always made me laugh why did they even bother. Lexus one looks 100x better!

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Swapped out beatercam's audio filtering capacitor for a better-looking one from donorcam; I had alternator whine when accelerating with the engine beyond 3.5K. Much better, guess the original one had worn out.

71Corolla

Site Founder
Super Moderator
Administrator
Reaction score

Where is this capacitor?

insightbrewery

short-throw dipstick
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ordered 3 jugs of Thermocure in preparation for my major repairs on beatercam (replace oil pump and pan, blast timing sprockets, flush cooling system inc. heater core, install block heater). Also going to get a back-flush gun, debating what to get...Lisle is cheap ($23) and amounts to a slightly modified garden hose nozzle, presumably effective. OTC is $90 and lot of complaints about quality, but the vortex action probably scrubs better. Gates is great, but full kit is $450 and I don't flush cooling systems enough.

Took a 4-hr round trip drive today, heard a *snap*; looks like the driver side marker was fatigued from whatever accidents the car saw before my ownership, and the tabs snapped off. Going to order a new one on my next Toyota parts order.